This educational project helps students and their parents learn about how to eat healthy foods, protect the environment and save money! This program is set out for the Francophone and Anglophone primary schools of northwestern New Brunswick, but we encourage everyone from all over the world to consult our vast array of online resources and start packing a zero-waste and healthy lunch box and snack today.
In order to provide primary school teachers with educational and interactive resources, an online educational kit was developed. Its content targets several Specific Curriculum Outcomes (SCOs) of study programs established by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. This website features fun and dynamic educational videos in its “Animation Corner”, suggestions of activities in its “Activities Corner”, as well as promotional tools such as posters, banners and promotional items in its “Resources Corner”.
- A collaboration between The Northwest Regional Service Commission (NWRSC), The Vitalité Health Network, the District scolaire francophone du Nord-Ouest (DSF-NO), the Université de Moncton, campus d'Edmundston, the New Brunswick Department of Social Development - Wellness Branch and the North West Wellness Network
A portal from Health Canada to tobacco-use survey results, different regulations in regard to tobacco and cigarette marketing.
- Health Canada
Provides information about the program and details on how to implement a Tobacco-Free Sport program/policy in a sport organization or school.
- NB Anti-Tobacco Coallition
What do you have when you combine healthy exercise with hands-on street-proofing lessons and reduced air pollution emissions? A WALKING SCHOOL BUS! A Walking (or Cycling) School Bus is two or more families traveling together for safety. See this flyer for more information about how to start a Walking School Bus in your community.
- Active and Safe Routes to School
The Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Coalition (HEPAC) offers interesting webinars on a regular basis, covering different aspects of wellness. Recordings of previous webinars are available on their website for you to view and use at your convenience.
- Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Coalition (HEPAC)
Have you started planning your Wellness Week activity? Take your planning to the next level or kick-start your planning today with this new tool and spread the word about New Brunswick Wellness Week – taking place from October 1st to 7th!
The Wellness Week Planning Kit includes lots of helpful information and tools to help you with your planning this year, no matter what stage you are at, such as:
• Videos that show you how (and why) to enter your activities into the Wellness Events Calendar;
• Social media ideas and tips to help spread the word;
• Idea-starters to help you promote wellness within your own groups, organizations and communities – and maximize your Wellness Week!
• Downloadable poster templates to use to promote your activity.
- The Wellness Movement