The Seniors Advisory Committee aims to strengthen the development and delivery of services by the Fredericton Police Force to seniors in the greater Fredericton area.
Goals of the SAC:
- Provide advice and guidance on the development and delivery of initiatives for seniors.
- Support the Fredericton Police Force in delivering services to seniors.
- Act as a sounding board for new ideas.
- Relate to other stakeholder organizations with an interest in seniors.
- Participate in training sessions for stakeholder organizations.
- Serve as a forum to identify and discuss barriers to effective involvement by seniors in ownership of their own safety and security.
- Serve as a forum to identify and celebrate successes.
- Take a proactive role in identifying Fredericton’s senior’s safety and security needs.
- Bring forward ideas for improvement of existing initiatives.
- Promote the importance of a safe and secure environment for seniors.
Fredericton City Council