Stories spark emotion and inspiration for all of us. The Wellness Movement’s new theme, “Start Your Story”, highlights wellness stories from New Brunswick individuals, families, community groups, schools and workplaces around the province to motivate people to take action to enhance their wellness and the wellness of those around them. Find inspiration in these stories, use them to inspire people in your community, and invite those who are already on their wellness journey to share their own!
- The Wellness Movement
Youth who are susceptible and at risk of future smoking may be more vulnerable to personal, social and environmental influences that encourage them to experiment with tobacco. This report provides an overview of the current status and offers avenues of reflection on actions to take to reduce susceptibility to smoking amongst young New Brunswickers.
- NB Anti-Tobacco Coallition
The Take Action on Tobacco Use Grant Program (TATU) will provide up to $5,000 to support community-led initiatives to increase tobacco-free living, strengthen community action with an emphasis on youth-led initiatives, partnerships and comprehensive actions. Eligible initiatives will contribute to the three goals of the Take Action on Tobacco Use Grant Program:
• Use a comprehensive approach that builds capacity and sustains efforts to increase tobacco-free living
• Engage youth through youth-led tobacco free living activities.
• Be a community-based initiative with partnerships to increase tobacco-free living and sustained activity.
- New Brunswick Department of Social Development - Wellness Branch
A portal from Health Canada to tobacco-use survey results, different regulations in regard to tobacco and cigarette marketing.
- Health Canada
The Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Coalition (HEPAC) offers interesting webinars on a regular basis, covering different aspects of wellness. Recordings of previous webinars are available on their website for you to view and use at your convenience.
- Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Coalition (HEPAC)